Why a Mustang?

I have often been asked the question "why did you buy a mustang tina?" or "everyone has a mustang, why would you want one." Well, let's take a trip back to seven-year old Tina to gain a better understanding. When I was seven years old I got a red mustang barbie car for Christmas. I think this is where the love for mustangs really started. That was the coolest car, you could even adjust the car to take just two people or four people. Surprisingly, Ken didn't drive the mustang, it was Barbie's car and she drove it. Wonder if that has any connection to my personality.

Another factor was my Dad and his dad. Both lovers of cars, my grandpa was a mechanic and taught my Dad. I found a connection to my Dad and also Grandfather through cars. At a young age I was able to name cars, and distinguish between different makes. There have been times where our whole conversation would revolve around cars and I loved it. My Dad is a incredibly smart guy and I have learned a lot from him. We both own mustangs now. I suppose it's a compliment, he bought on shortly after I bought mine. Guess he thought I had a really cool car, or I just wasn't allowed to have the fastest car in the family. His has the Shelby GT version.

History has always been so intriguing to me. Why are people the way they are? what makes them believe the way they do? how can I better understand this culture? I believe that the Ford Mustang is one of the most successful car ever. It has been around since 1964 1/2, it certainly has with stood the test of time. In an article this was stated "We embrace the Pony wars," said James Owens, Mustang marketing manager. "Mustang is the authentic American muscle car. In fact, Mustang is the only one of the original pony cars from the 1960s to live on into the 21st century with no interruption in production." 1. It is an American Dream car, the hard working, middle income individual can afford a mustang, a sports car. It represents America and freedom to me.

Technical details of my mustang. It can go 0-60mph in 6.6 seconds, and does a 15 second quarter mile. 2. Here's a little perspective the Chevy Corvette (C6 ZO6, this car is a V8) does the quarter mile in 12.2 seconds. The Mustang V8 does it in 13.5 seconds. 15 seconds is not to shabby for a v6 car. And I can get 30 miles to the gallon on the freeway :)

Interesting conversations have come from this topic. Many times I get the argument that the reason they would not buy a mustang is because "everyone has one." I thought about this comment and came to this conclusion. The reason for not wanting to get a mustang because "everyone has one" is so you don't appear to be influenced by popular culture. But isn't the underlining reason to make decisions not based on what others are doing? Not liking something because everyone has it is or likes it is doing the same thing, but the opposite. Instead of getting it, you are refusing to purchase. Either way, both actions are dependent on what others are doing. Whether you are choosing to follow or reject. Instead a decision not based on others is how a true independent decision is accomplished.

Giselle the 2007 Mustang
V6
210 horsepower
vista blue
manual
0-60 in 6.6 seconds
added billet grille :)

hooray for history, i totally sited the sources :)

1. http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=24065
2. http://www.modernracer.com/fordmustangv6.html

0 Comments:



Newer Post Older Post Home