Goals in Life

To be a good person is my goal in life. I feel it will bring the most happiness. I don’t feel that I need all the bling that the media presents as so necessary for happiness. The happiest people are those who are engaged with what they are passionate about. Those who serve others willingly and forget about themselves. Family is what should be desired and praised for it can bring the greatest joy.

I want to be an amazing companion. I have a desire to share my life with one man. I want to support and be supported. I believe that the person you marry is the most important decision that a person can make. It shouldn’t be taken lightly. You will spend everyday for fifty or so years with this person, it should be a person you want to see everyday when you wake up, someone you can’t wait to see when you come home. I want to love someone as much as they love me.

I want to be an amazing wife and mother. I feel that not enough importance is placed on the role that a mother plays in a family. Good families raise good children, who are good people. This is usually the pattern. There would be better people in the world if children were raised better. I do feel that a career is important. I feel that it could be very fulfilling. Work and motherhood have different kinds of satisfaction. Work satisfaction is usually visual or tangible and immediate. Many times satisfaction is seen in a bonus or promotion. Motherhood does not have a promotion period or extra bonus at the end of the year. But the satisfaction is through out your life with them and continues later on when you see that your child is a successful individual.


1 Comment:

  1. Jessica Havican said...
    Amen sistah friend! I want to be married and have kids too! Someday...


Newer Post Older Post Home