A friend asked me a simple question. "Did you get everything you wanted?" I responded, "Well that depends, the things that I truly desire in life don't come in boxes, but did I receive lovely consumer products? then, yes."

So..what do I really want for Christmas, I feel like I should have a song right here, kinda like in a movie.

My memory raced back to earlier this month when my friends and I wrote a letter to Santa at the mall. We sat down and eagerly grabbed our letter postcard and pencil. The others started writing immediately. I didn't know what I wanted to ask Santa. The others were mainly asking for a man. I ended up asking for a "time turner" like from harry potter, I feel like I never have enough time, I wish sometimes that sleeping wasn't required because I'd rather be learning or doing something. I do love sleeping, but I sometimes wish that sleep would be a recreational activity. There are just never enough hours in a day.

I look over and they are asking for a wonderful man to fall into their lives. I guess I wonder about asking for that type of thing. How well is Santa at matching making anyways? What happens if I don't like the guy he brought. What if I have a specific guy, and most importantly ... does he want to be my present? Maybe these worries are just things assumed, and he of course wants to be in a box with a bow. I guess my other issue is he didn't do anything, he just appeared. How is he going to appreciate what he has if he didn't work for it?

So do you want a man for Christmas? ...I suppose a guy is vital for the other things that are on my list. hehe. I think that I desire typical things in life. I want to fall in love, I want to start a family. I want to serve my husband and my family. I want a place to call my own, where I don't have to worry about putting holes in walls. And where I don't mind sharing a bathroom. I want to learn more. I want to learn another language, I want to learn to play the guitar. I want to travel with my best friend. But, I did receive many things that I wanted for Christmas. I got to go home and see my family and friends.

0 Comments:



Newer Post Older Post Home